I don’t wear a wristwatch. I used to, but the one I had broke and I have yet to find another that I like so for the last couple years, I have simply relied on my Android phone for the time. That is, until I saw the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch commercial this past weekend.
Genius in how the product was marketed, this commercial gave me 13 reasons to save my pennies to pick up the latest in Geek’d out hardware!
If you haven’t seen the commercial, here it is:
It really doesn’t get any geekier or tech than this. Finally, a serious attempt at bringing the iconic sci-fi poster-child to a retailer near you! The Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch! Here is a brief burst of the specs:
- 800MHz Exynos CPU
- 1.9MP camera with BSI sensor
- 720p video recording and playback
- Featured apps from Atooma, Banjo, Evernote, Glympse, eBay, Line, MyFitnessPal, Path, Pocket, RunKeeper, TripIt and Vivino
- Samsung Apps and ChatON messaging service
- 2 microphones, 1 speaker
- Bluetooth 4.0 and LE
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- 4GB on-board storage
- 512MB RAM
- 315mAh battery
- Additional features – Smart Relay, S Voice, Auto Lock, Find My Device, Media Controller, Pedometer, Stopwatch, Timer
Now, early reviews are mixed, with the smart-watch rating as very stylish and high-tech in its looks but lacking somewhat in other areas of functionality. My hope, of course, is that these and other items are addressed by Samsung’s genius engineers by the time I’m ready to buy!
So what are my 13 reasons for wanting to christen this my first wrist watch in over 2 years? Watch the commercial again to get a clue, but let me list them for you again below:
- Johnny Sokko and and his Flying Robot
- Get Smart
- Inspector Gadget
- Babylon 5 (which has its device on the back of the hand, not the wrist)
- The Jetsons
- Dick Tracy
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Star Trek The Motion Picture
- Flash Gordon
- The Flintstones
- Knight Rider
Cheesy, but it’s my kind’ve geek’d out cheese that I sooooooo enjoy! The Samsung Galaxy Gear [click for more information] retails for $299.00 on Amazon.com. Mere PEANUTS for AWESOMENESS!!!